If you’ve broken a tooth or are experiencing intense tooth pain, don’t hesitate to call our emergency Dentist in Hollywood, CA immediately. An emergency dentist is a dentist that performs same-day and after-hours services for patients in need of urgent dental care. Many people don’t seek dental treatments because they fear waiting weeks for an appointment. As a result, their condition worsens, developing more expensive problems. At HD Smile Dental, we strive to see all our patients as soon as possible when they have a dental emergency. That way, we can treat the problem before it gets worse.
What Are the Signs You Need to See a Dentist Immediately?
- Severe tooth pain that lingers for hours after an injury or accident
- Swelling of the face or gums
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
- Sensitivity to temperature in your mouth
- Bleeding from the mouth
- A broken or knocked-out tooth
- Loose or broken fillings
- Teeth that are showing gray or black spots
- Pain when biting down or when your tooth is exposed to hot or cold temperatures
- Toothaches that have lasted longer than a few days
- Any changes in your bite
- Numbness in the face or any areas of the mouth or face
- Throbbing pain in your gums
- Changes in the appearance of your face or jaw, such as swelling, tenderness, or stiffness
- Jaw locking when you try to open your mouth wide
The Benefits of Emergency Dentistry
A dentist performs various procedures, but all of them aim to improve a person’s oral health. In contrast, an emergency dentist performs immediate procedures to help a patient who is experiencing a severe toothache that prevents them from eating or sleeping. Other possible emergencies include a cracked tooth, a broken or lost crown, loose or broken braces, or a knocked-out tooth. If any of these circumstances happen, seeking treatment as soon as possible is essential to prevent the problem from worsening.
Keep in mind that not all dental emergencies require immediate attention. For example, if a crown falls off and is causing discomfort but is not causing pain, it is generally best to wait to see the dentist until an appointment can be scheduled. However, if you experience extreme pain or feel something is seriously wrong, you should schedule an appointment with your dentist immediately. In most cases, the office staff will be able to squeeze you into the schedule and address any issues that are found.
To learn more about how to prevent dental emergencies from happening in the first place or to schedule your next checkup with a dentist, visit HD Smile Dental at 1680 Vine St #200, Hollywood, CA 90028, or call (323) 464-2033.